Coaching with Evidence-based Practices
Coaching is a key ingredient of the NPDC model to enhance the implementation of EBPs, facilitate the assessment of learners, and to evaulate the effectiveness of selected EBPs. The NPDC has created a Coaching Manual, Coaching Logs, a Coaching Presentation, and Coaching videos to support the use of coaching.
Resources for Coaching
The Coaching Manual supports practitioners’ implementation of evidence-based practices by describing the roles and responsibilities of coaches, types of coaching, elements of effective coaching, and guidelines for providing content on coaching through professional development.
- Coaching Manual (PDF, 4 MB)
The Coaching Log is used by the coach and inviting partner to document the cyclical and evolving process of coaching and its outcomes.
- TA Contact Form / Coaching Log (PDF, 430 MB)
The Coaching presentation is designed to be presented in about 1 hour. The presentation details information from the Coaching Manual combined with experiential learning activities.
- Coaching Presentation (PPT, 1 MB)
The NPDC developed videos to support self-study and the development of professional development supports for others.
- School Administrators Reflect on Coaching
- The Coaching Process: Implementation of Picture Exchange communication System (PECS)
- The Coaching Process: Igloo
- The Coaching Process: Coaching the Coach through Reflective Consultation
Note: Closed Captioning for these four videos is under development.